At Goodyear Autocare we can take care of your car radiator repair.
The performance of your car engine relies heavily on a functioning radiator. The radiator is responsible for removing excess heat from the engine. It also provides heated air to the vehicle interior. Regular cooling system inspection, maintenance and flushes can prevent unnecessary coolant loss and overheating, which can cause internal damage to your engine. It is a vital component to ensure your vehicle runs smoothly.
A malfunctioning radiator can be caused by:
- A leaking radiator hose – the radiator hose should be replaced periodically to prevent damage
- A leaking radiator
- Rust in your radiator – road debris, humidity and other factors can contribute to rust
- Inaccurate thermostat – this should be inspected regularly
- Air in cooling system – air trapped inside can restrict the flow of coolant and lessen the component's efficiency
- Damaged radiator fan – car that overheats while idle may have a damaged radiator fan
- Damaged water pump – the pump transfers the engine coolant throughout to regulate temperature. A malfunctioning pump will cause the engine to overheat
- Faulty solders – the cooling fins are delicate and prone to damage
Your local Goodyear Autocare expert can identify the cause and get it fixed for you.
If you need radiator repair or just a quick inspection call 13 23 43 today to speak to your local Goodyear Autocare or visit our store locator to find a Goodyear near you. We can flush, service or repair your radiator and cooling system to ensure you’re running smoothly all day, every day.