History

Goodyear Autocare - HistoryGoodyear is one of the world’s largest tyre companies. It employs approximately 69,000 people and manufactures its products in more than 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry

Goodyear was founded in 1898 by 38-year-old Frank Seiberling when he purchased the first plant with a $3,500 down payment using money he borrowed from a brother-in-law. The timing couldn't have been better; the bicycle craze of the 1890s was booming and the horseless carriage was a wide-open challenge.

Since this time, there is no denying the amount of influence Goodyear advances have had on the tyre industry. Starting with the simple process of manufacturing a tyre and refining it exponentially, Goodyear has repeatedly found itself on the cutting edge of tyre technology.

Whether it has been winning over 350 Grand Prix races or being the first tyre used on the moon, Goodyear is famous world over for being at the forefront of tyre innovation.

Goodyear has been operating in Australia since 1915 when it formed a distribution company, based in Sydney, Australia. It quickly expanded as it established a Melbourne office, and soon after had distribution arrangements in Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and New Zealand.

In 1989, Goodyear began franchising a multi-brand tyre and automotive services retail shop with a sales focus on Goodyear products.

In 2006, the current Goodyear Autocare franchise system was launched as a ‘One Stop Shop’ tyre and automotive service, providing a network offering exceptional value, professionalism and customer experiences.

 
Request a quote

GAC Wrangler AT Adventure